Bread Chat

I had all the chutneys and sev ready but couldn't find time to prepare a main ingredient for a chat. I had some  Wheat and oats bread left. So I decided to prepare bread chat. Once you have all the ingredients handy, it is very easy to prepare chat. I had some sprouted black channa so I just thought of adding it to the chat. Mashed potatoes will also be fine. If you don't have homemade bread, use a day old bread because if we use soft bread, then it would crumble when we add the chutneys. My hubby liked this chat very much. So just try once and you will love it. As I have already posted the preparation of chutneys and sev I am just linking it to the previous posts. I am sending this to Only Chat by Pari and Bookmarked Recipes by Aipi and Priya.






Ingredients:

Bread (1 day old or any hard bread)- 5 slices
Sweet chutney-2bs
Green chutney-2tbs
Sev-1/2cup
Onion-1/2cup
Sprouted black channa(boiled)-2tbs
Chat masala powder-1/2tsp
Coriander leaves-for garnish

Procedure:

  1. Cut the bread slices into small pieces.
  2. In a wide bowl add bread pieces,channa, sweet chutney, green chutney, 3/4th quantity of onions, chat masala and give them a nice stir.
  3. In a serving plate, trasfer the bread mixture and add a layer of remaining onions, sev and coriander leaves.
  4. Sprinkle green and sweet chutneys on top.
  5. Serve.

Labels: , ,