Maida / All Purpose Flour -2 1/4 cups
Instant Yeast-1 tbs
Fresh Curd-1 1/2 tbs
Salt- to taste
Oil- For Deep Frying
1. In a bowl add flour, salt, instant yeast, ghee and curd. Mix them well.
2. Add enough water to make a firm dough.
3. Cover and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
5. Roll out each ball into a thin disc .
6. Cook both sides of the bathura on a medium hot tawa. Remove when small brown spots appear.
7. Finish off cooking all the bathuras. Let them cool down.
8. Heat oil in a kadai.
9. Deep fry the bathuras one by one. When you put one bathura into hot oil, press it with the ladle until it is well immersed.
10. The bathura will puff up nicely.
11. Fry until both sides are golden.
12. Serve them hot with gravy of your choice. The best accompaniment is the Peshawari Chole
Make a stiff dough and let it sit covered for 15 minutes.
Divide it into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
Roll out each ball into a thin disc.
Cook on a tawa until brown spots appear.
Deep fry in oil until golden and puffy.
Linking this to Yeastspotting