Rava Vadai

This is a recipe I got from my reader Padma Sreerenga. She has sent me the recipe and step wise pictures for the Walk Through Memory Lane Event. Thank you Padma for the delicious entry to the event. I am posting the recipe because Padma is a non blogger. This recipe is from Padma's MIL. These vadas look so delicious and I am going to try it out today. I will also post my snap in the evening.




Ingredients:
Rava/Sooji-3cups
Curd-500ml
Green Chillies-3(chopped fine)
Curry Leaves-1sprig(chopped fine)
Rice Flour-1cup
Salt-to taste
Grated coconut-1cup(optional)
Baking Powder-1/2tsp
Hing-2pinches
Oil-For Deep Frying


Procedure:
1. Roast rava until golden. Allow it to cool.
2. Add the rice flour, green chillies, curry leaves, hing, salt and baking powder.
3. Add curd and prepare a loose dough. Rava will absorb the liquid and the dough will become firm. 
4. Use some more curd to make a soft dough.
5. Add coconut if required.
6. On a plastic sheet, shape a small ball of the dough into a flat disc and make a hole in the centre.
7. Deep fry these vadas in hot oil until golden brown.
8. Place on tissue to remove excess oil.
9. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or coconut chutney.



The dough must be little loose(like Urad dhal vada consistency)



Pat into a small disc with a hole in the centre


Deep fry till golden


Linking this to my event Walk Through Memory Lane. Any non blogger's recipe will be posted in my blog with the whole credit to the author. So what are you waiting for? Send in your favourite traditional recipes to me and get it published. 




As mentioned at the start of the post, I tried the vadai for our evening snack. I omitted the grated coconut. It was so nice. The inner part was so soft and the outer cover was crispy. I am sharing a snap of the vadai which I prepared.



Labels: , ,