Walk Through Memory Lane - Event Announcement

Wishing All My Readers A Very Happy New Year 2012

May all your wishes and dreams come true on the year 2012. When I started my blog in September 2010, I didn't have friends in the blogosphere. But after 2 months I had a lot of friends and it was because of the events I participated. I have also conducted an event and guest hosted three events in these 15months. I have always wanted to give some books to my readers and fellow bloggers. From the year 2012, I will be giving a book every month to a lucky reader who also sends me entries to my event Walk Through The Memory Lane. This was the first event I hosted and I am going to make this as a monthly event for the year 2012. 


While I was thinking about of lot of dishes to post in my blog, I remembered some of my childhood favourites which mom used to make for us. To be frank, I really don’t know the recipe for most of those dishes. So if I have to prepare, I have to call my mom. Every one reading this post might have gone through this experience. Why not bring those wonderful dishes to the world? We will walk through our memory lane and try to remember some of the yummy dishes mom made, prepare it and share with others.
We will concentrate on regional dishes. Not anything international or baked. Ask your mom or mom-in-law or grand mother or elders of the family for the exact recipe and try to reproduce it the same way. Let’s go regional. Please explain the details of the dish and the reason why you love it, in your blog.
While posting the recipe please give a link to this announcement page and usage of logo is optional. This will be useful to spread the word. There are no restictions for the number of new entries. If you are linking an archieved entry, please update it with the link to this page. Two entries from the archieves are accepted.
Non-Bloggers can also send in their entries by sending the recipe to my mail ID gayathrisevents@yahoo.in . I will include it in the round up. 
This time I am making it easy to share your recipes with me. I am giving a linky tool for easy linking of your posts. So you need not draft go through the lengthy process of drafting a mail and sending it to me. Every month on the first day, I will select an entry through random selection and give away book for the selected entry. I request all my readers to help me in making this event a huge success.
The book I have selected for the giveaway this month is from Tarla Dalal named Achar Aur Parathe.



On the first of February, I will select a lucky winner and send a mail. After receiving my mail,you can give an address to which I have to ship the book. I will ship the book within India so if you reside abroad, please give an address in India for me to ship.




Labels: , ,