Rava Laddu 2

When I started blogging, I posted a rava laddu recipe. The recipe I am posting today is totally different from the previous one. There are two more types of rava laddus, which I will be posting in the future. Today is the 6th day of Blogging Marathon#9. Yesterday, my daughter brought her school diary. In that her madam has asked us to send a box of sweet for charity. I didn't want to buy sweets when I could prepare it myself. So I decided to make it myself. Yesterday evening I prepared these laddus and today I sent her the box with these delicious laddus. These rava laddus have a longer shelf life because it doesn't use any liquid ingredient such as milk for binding. 






Ingredients:
Rava / Sooji- 500gm
Sugar-1 1/2cups
Broken Cashew-1/4cups
Ghee-200gm
Cardamom Powder-1tsp


Procedure:
1. Roast rava until it changes colour. Do not let it brown.
2. Grind it to a fine powder in a mixer grinder.
3. Grind sugar to a fine powder and add it to powdered rava.
4. Heat 1/2tsp ghee and add broken cashew.
5. Fry until golden brown.
6. Add it to the rava mixture along with cardamom powder.
7. Mix well. This mix can be prepared earlier and stored in a jar. When you want laddus follow the instructions below.
8. Heat ghee and add a ladle full of hot ghee on one corner of the mixture. Mix well with a spoon.
9. Shape it into medium sized laddus. When the ghee mixed flour is over, again add hot ghee to a portion of the rava mixture. 
10. Prepare laddu in batches. If more ghee is added then the laddu will not firm up. Shaping should be little difficult. If it is too easy then the amount of ghee is more. 
11. Arrange on plate and allow it to firm up.
12. Store in airtight jar.




Roast rava

Grind it to a powder

Add powdered sugar

Add cardamom and broken cashew

Add hot ghee to a portion of the mix

Mix well with a spoon

Shape into laddu

Finish with all the flour

Serve

Labels: , , , , ,