Eggless Banana Muffins

For many day I have been planning to prepare banana muffins. During my last visit to Coimbatore, I bought flax seed and flax meal( I don't get any of these at Madurai). My mom bought a muffin tray for me. As I had all the ingredients, I prepared the muffins today. They are so spongy and moist. This is the first time I am using flax meal as the egg substitute. I was in doubt about the result. The muffins are so tasty and I couldn't taste the flax seeds in the muffins. The muffins are so sweet and so next time I will be reducing the quantity of brown sugar. I will be serving these cute muffins for evening along with coffee.




Ingredients:
Butter-1/3cup
Brown Sugar-1/2cup(I used 3/4cup and the muffins are very sweet)
Maida-1 1/2cups
Mashed Banana-1cup(I used 3 bananas)
Tutti Fruitti-1/3cup
Flax Powder-1tbs(Mix it with 4tbs water and stir until gelatinous to substitute 1 egg)
Vanilla Extract-1 tsp
Baking Powder-1 1/2tsp
Baking Soda-1tsp
Salt-1/2tsp


Procedure:
1. Mix maida, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. Preheat oven to 180C.
3. Grease a muffin tray with butter.
4. In a large bowl beat butter until creamy.
5. Add the sugar and beat well. 
6. Add mashed bananas, extract and flax mix.
7. The mixture may look curdled. It is alright and you can proceed.
8. Add flour mixture and mix it gently. Atlast add tutti fruitti and give a final stir.
9. Fill the muffin moulds and bake for 20 minutes.
10. When cool remove from the tray and cool on wire rack.
11. Enjoy with a cup of coffee.



After filling the muffin tray, I had some extra batter. I made three mini cup cakes out of the extra batter.
Sending this to Show Me Your Muffin at Dil Se 
along with Spiced Nutty Muffins, Eggless Chocolate Cup Cakes and Eggless Peanut Butter Cup Cakes

Labels: , , ,