Whenever I see Cherry tomatoes in cookery shows, I would be tempted to taste it but unfortunately we don't get them in Madurai. So it has been in my to do list for long. Last month, when I went to Nilgiris, I saw a basket full of cherry tomatoes in the vegetable section. I din't even think again. I just grabbed the basket and asked the worker to weigh it out at once. I was so happy to have got it.
When at home, I visualized so many recipes but finally settled for this simple roasted recipe which I have seen on Master chef Australia. It was in a group challenge and they served it along with bread and some meat. I just skipped the meat and served it on toasted bread. It was awesome. We loved it. it even made a nice side dish for chapathis. The preparation is quite simple. Just cut the tomatoes into halves, sprinkle spices and oil. Just bake them until done. Serve it hot sandwiched between crispy toasted bread slices.
Cherry Tomatoes -1/2 kg
Olive Oil-2 tbs
Pepper Powder-1/2 tsp
Italian Seasoning-1 tbs
Coriander Leaves For Garnish
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Cut the tomatoes into halves.
3. Arrange them on a foil lined baking tray.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder.
5. Sprinkle the seasoning and drizzle the oil on the tomatoes.
6. Bake until the tomatoes look half dry.
7. Remove from foil and arrange on a plate.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve with toasted bread slices.
Aren't they cute??
Cut into halves, sprinkle the seasoning and drizzle oil.
Bake until done.
Serve along with toasted bread slices.
Labels: CHERRY TOMATOES, SIDE DISHES, SNACKS