This month's Home Baker's Challenge was hosted by Priya of Cook Like Priya. As December is the month of Christmas, she had suggested three cookies recipes, two cakes and two bread recipes. We were to choose any of the given recipes. I loved the look of this snow man cookie and so I tried it out. It was very colourful, crispy and very delicious. My daughter loved them. It was full of butter flavour and my house was so aromatic when these cute cookies were baking in the oven. It is a very easy dough but you need a lot of patience to make the figurines. The given recipe yields more than 20 cookies.
When the cookies were in oven I had visitors and I was talking to them and forgot about the cookies. So as you can see they became slightly brown in colour but taste wise it was fantastic. My cookies also developed some cracks on top. I don't know the reason but it could have come out smooth. These may not be the perfect looking snow man cookies but they are awesome and would make great party pleasers. Try it for your kiddo's birth day party and they would surely be the centre of attraction.
Almond Extract-1/2 tsp
Flour/ Maida-2 1/2 cups
Red and Green Food Colours
1. Beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
2. Add water and extract and beat until incorporated.
3. Add flour and mix until you get a soft dough.
4. Remove 1/3 cup of dough to a bowl and add red food colour and mix well. Keep aside.
5. Take one more 1/3 cup of dough to another bowl, add green colour and mix well.
6. Preheat oven to 175C.
7. Grease a baking tray with butter.
8. Make a small round and a slightly larger round. Press them to make it little flat.
9. Place the smaller one on top of the larger disc.
10. With green colour make a hat and place on top of the head.
11. Make two small ropes one with red and one with green, twist them together and place it below head to form a scarf.
12. Keep dots of black for eyes and a small hyphen for mouth with red food colour mixed with a little water.
13. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
14. Remove tray from oven, allow it to cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
15. Gently remove the cookies from the pan and cool on wire rack.
16. Store in an air tight jar.
Beat together butter, sugar, almond extract and water.
Prepare a soft dough.
prepare green and red coloured dough.
Make head and body with the uncolored dough.
Make hats with coloured dough.
Twist two ropes together.
Place it on neck to form the scarf.
With red and black food colour, draw eyes and mouth.
I also added small buttons.
Bake until done.
Labels: BAKES, CHRISTMAS, COOKIES, EGGLESS, HOME BAKERS CHALLENGE