Eid Mubarak To All My Readers
Shahi Tukda is a rich dessert in Hyderabadi Cuisine. It is quite easy to prepare and is apt for festivals or parties. Bread is sliced into triangles and deep fried in ghee. This crispy bread slices are soaked in sugar syrup and served chilled along with rabdi and dry fruits. Sounds great!! I have been waiting for the perfect occasion to make this. Today it is holiday for Sruti and she was asking me for a snack. As I had some home made Anadama Bread, I used half the loaf to make this delicious dish. She liked it very much. Instead of deep frying the slices, I shallow fried them with 3 tbs of ghee. If you are so conscious of health then you can also toast the slices and make this dessert. But as this is made occasionally there is no need to worry about calories...
Corn Flour-1 tsp
Sugar-1/2 cup + 2 tsp
Saffron-a few strands
Pistachios for garnish
For The Rabdi:
1. Heat milk. Remove 2 tbs of warm milk and add the saffron strands.
2. With another 2 tbs of milk mix corn flour and set aside.
3. When the milk is reduced to half, add the saffron soaked milk and corn flour mixed milk.
4. Add sugar and keep on stirring until the mixture thickens. Remove from flame and cool.
For The Bread Triangles:
1. Cut the bread slices into triangles. You can either make 4 smaller triangles out of a slice or just two larger triangles.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and arrange the triangles.
3. Fry until both sides are brown and the triangles are crispy.
4. Heat together 1/2 cup of sugar and water.
5. Let it boil until the syrup is sticky. Remove from flame.
6. Drop the fried bread triangles into the syrup and let it soak for 2 minutes.
7. Remove the slices from the syrup and arrange on a plate.
Arranging The Shahi Tukda:
1. Pour the rabdi on the triangles.
2. Garnish with sliced pistachios.
3. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Serve chilled.
Cut the bread slices into triangles.
Fry them in ghee until brown and crispy.
Soak in sugar syrup.
Arrange on plate.
Pour rabdi on top and garnish with saffron strands and pistachios.
Labels: ANDHRA, BREAD RECIPES, DESSERTS, MILK, SWEETS