As Shruti is becoming allergic to store bought snacks, I have to try hard to please her with home made snacks. She needs varieties. If I give her the same snack continuously for three days, she gets bored and asks for something else. When I prepared mango ice cream, she was enjoying it for three days and on the fourth day she was not at all interested. Now I had to come up with a plan to finish off the ice cream as I wasn't ready to increase my calorie intake. I made a sheet cake and layered it with the mango ice cream along with some jam and tutti frutti. Have you ever tasted cake slices from Arun Ice Cream? This was just like that and you know what, my daughter finished it off completely. You can also make it for a party as a dessert and it would surely be a crowd pleaser. Just buy two or three flavours of ice creams and sandwich them between cake and jam layers. You would have created an excellent dessert..
Mixed Fruit Jam-1/2 cup
Tutti Frutti-1/2 cup
For The Sheet Cake:
All Purpose Flour/ Maida-1 1/4 cups
Curd/ Yogurt-1/2 cup
Baking Powder-1 tsp
Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
Granulated Sugar-3/4 cup
For The Cake:
1. Mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
2. In another bowl cream together butter and sugar.
3. Add curd and whisk until creamy.
4. Add milk and vanilla until they are completely incorporated.
5. Add the flour and mix with a wooden ladle until completely mixed.
6. Grease and dust a baking tray, pour the batter and bake in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven, allow it to cool for five minutes.
8. Flip it on a wire rack and remove the tray.
9. Allow it to cool completely.
Assembling the Cake Slices:
1. Take a loose bottomed cake pan. Place the plate over the cake and cut out 3 circles from the cake.
2. Place the plate inside the tin and line the cake tin with cling wrap.
3. Place one cake circle at the bottom.
4. Apply a layer of any fruit jam on the cake.
5. Sprinkle tutti frutti.
6. Add a layer of ice cream on it.
7. Now repeat another cake and ice cream layer.
8. Finally place the third cake circle, coat it with jam.
9. Cover it completely with a cling wrap and place it in freezer.
10. Allow it to freeze for 4-5 hours.
11. Now remove the tin from the freezer, press the plate from the bottom to remove the cake slice from the tin.
12. Remove the cling wrap surrounding the cake slice.
13. Cut with a serrated knife and serve.
Cut the sheet cake into 3 circles using the loose bottomed cake tin's plate.
Line the cake tin with cling wrap.
Place a cake circle at the bottom.
Apply a layer of jam and sprinkle tutti frutti.
Add a layer of ice cream.
Repeat another layer.
Place the final cake circle and apply jam. Cover with cling wrap and freeze.
After 4-5 hours, remove it from freezer.
Remove the cling wrap.
How is this???
Slice it up. Can you see the beautiful layers???
Serve it and Enjoy!!!!
Labels: CAKE, DESSERTS, EGGLESS, ICE CREAM