As I mentioned yesterday, I made these tiny pakoras with paneer and potatoes to go along with the mullingatawny soup. This could be a nice appetizer to serve in small parties. Hubby liked it very much and told that it tasted like kola urundai. I had a cup of paneer for nearly 4 days and was breaking my head on what recipe to make. Finally I settled with these pakoras. When hot they tasted awesome. Nice crunchy on the top and soft inside. This surely would be a crowd pleaser. But make sure that you fry it as soon you make the dough, otherwise the dough becomes very soft and you need to add some extra flour.
Crumbled Paneer-1 1/2 cups
Potato-2 medium sized
Sooji/ rava-3 tbs
Besan/ Gram Flour-1/2 cup
Kasoori Methi-2 tbs
Chaat Masala-1 tsp
Garam Masala-1/4 tsp
Red Chilly Powder-1/2 tsp
Oil-To Deep Fry
1. Pressure cook the potatoes.
2. Peel and mash.
3. Add paneer, chaat masala, garam amsala, sooji, besan, salt, red chilly powder to the potato and mix well to form a soft dough.
4. Pinch small portions from the dough and roll into balls.
5. Heat oil and deep fry the balls until golden.
6. Serve hot along with sauce of your choice.
Aren't they inviting???
Labels: BESAN, Blogging Marathon, PAKORA, PANEER, POTATO