This is the month of Dutch specialties. After the Gevulde Speculaas I made for Daring Baker's challenge, I had to make another wonderful cake for the baking eggless challenge also. Meena of Chettinad Fiesta suggested this Dutch dessert. The cake is from the Brovst region of Denmark and so the name. I tried to replace 4 eggs with condensed milk and curd and the cake was so spongy and soft. At first I was hesitant about the topping but when I tasted the first bite, I was so so so happy. The name dream cake is a perfect match to the cake. I didn't wait until the cake was cool. I served it to PK when still warm and he was asking for more. It was absolutely delicious and I should thank Meena for suggesting this wonderful recipe. This cake tastes delicious even the next day.
Recipe Source: Dianas Desserts
Sweetened Condensed Milk-1
tin/ 400 gm
Light Brown Sugar-1 ¼ cups
- Mix all the ingredients given for the topping and
keep it aside.
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- In a bowl beat condensed milk and butter until
- Add curd and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour and milk alternately and fold in the
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Grease and dust a baking tray or cake tin.
- Pour the batter and bake until the top is nicely
browned. It will take 20-25 minutes.
- When a tooth pick inserted comes out clean,
remove cake from oven and place on the counter.
- Spread the topping evenly on the cake.
- Set oven temperature to 225C.
- Bake the cake for 10 more minutes and remove it
- The butter will be in melted form and so let the
cake cool inside the tin.
- When completely cool remove the cake from the
tray, slice into cubes and serve.
I bake the batter in a square tin and a loaf tin but a baking tray which is deep is perfect.
Apply topping on the baked cake and bake for 10 minutes.\
Cool, cut and serve.
Isn't it lovely. It tastes heavenly..
Labels: BAKES, BAKING EGGLESS, CAKE, COCONUT, DUTCH