For the past two days it is raining heavily here in Madurai. During rain we always long for some thing hot or warm to eat. After Sruti returned from school, it started raining. She was enjoying the rain. I had the moong dhal batter in fridge which I prepared two days back. I tried out this paniyaram and it was so nice. They were very soft and fluffy. I prepared it without green chillies for my daughter. But you can add it according to your taste. These paniyaram were perfect for the rainy day. Today the third week of Blogging MArathon is commencing and I am posting under Kid's Delight-Warm Foods. Linking this to Kid's Delight- Warm Foods To Beat The Rain by Pradnya and started by Srivalli.
Yellow Split Moong Dhal-1cup
1. Soak moong dhal for 2hours.
2. Grind it to fine batter. Add rice flour, salt, finely chopped onions, finely chopped coriander and pepper powder.
3. Heat a paniyaram pan. Drizzle oil in all the moulds.
4. Drop ladle full of batter into the moulds and cook on medium flame.
5. When the bottom is done, flip it inside the mould and let it cook until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
6. You can serve it as it is for kids. You can also serve it along with chutney.
Labels: Blogging Marathon, MOONG DHAL, ONION, RICE FLOUR, SAVORY, SNACKS, SOUTH INDIAN DELICACIES