For the Blog Hop Wednesday this month, I am paired with Nisha of Nisha's Kitchen. She has a lot of nice recipes in her blog. Whenever I am to to do a recipe from other blog, the first thing I do is look at the baking section. Nisha had these cookies which interested me. The idea of teaspoon cookies sounded good. Then came the browned butter part. This is actually preparing ghee/ clarified butter and allowing it to brown a little and then using it up in the recipe. As I needed a clear butter, I used store bought one instead of home made one. The cookies were very crispy and crunchy. At first I was afraid that adding jam and icing sugar may make them very sweet, but after putting everything together, they were perfect. These are so tiny and you needn't bite into it. Just pop one into your mouth and enjoy.
All Purpose Flour/ Maida-2cups
Icing Sugar-For Dusting
1. Heat butter and wait until it melts and starts browning. When it is brown, switch off flame and allow it to cool.
2. Add sugar and essence to the butter and mix well.
3. Mix flour and baking soda in a separate bowl.
4. Add the cooled butter mixture to it and mix with a spoon to bring everything together.
5. Grease a baking tray with butter.
6. Preheat oven to 175C.
7. Take a teaspoon and fill it with the dough mixture. Pat it and smoothen the top.
8.Slightly press the side so that the dough is released from the spoon.
9. Place it flat side down on the tray.
10. Repeat until you fill the tray.
11. Bake for 10-13minutes or when the cookies start browning.
12. Cool on wire rack.
13. Apply jam on the flat side of a cookie.
14. Place another cookie's flat side on it.
15. Finish of with all the cookies and arrange them on a plate.
16. Dust them with a generous amount of icing sugar.
17. Serve along with a cup of coffee or tea.
Heat butter until brown
Add sugar and vanilla essence
Add it to the flour
Mix with a spoon to make a crumbly dough
Press the dough into a teaspoon
Slightly press the edge to release the cookie dough from the teaspoon
Place on a greased baking tray
Bake until brown and cool on wire rack
Apply jam on a cookie
Place another cookie on top
Dust with icing sugar and enjoy
Labels: BAKES, BISCUIT, BUTTER, COOKIES, EGGLESS, FLOUR, FROM OTHER BLOGS, SUGAR, SWEETS