Today is the second day of Blogging Marathon#15. I already have a recipe for focaccia with oregano and basil. So today I used olives and Italian seasoning for this flavorful bread. Focacccia is an Italian bread which usually is brushed with olive oil. The bread dough is similar to pizza dough and it is shaped by hands. It is also dotted by finger to create wells all over the surface. The bread tasted nice with all those olives and herbs.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil-3tbs
Black Olives Chopped-1/4cup
1. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, seasoning and yeast.
2. Add water and prepare a soft dough.
3. Add 2tbs olive oil and knead until incorporated.
4. Add the olives and mix well.
5. Knead the dough for 5minutes.
6. Grease a square tin with olive oil.
7. Press the dough into the tin and pat it to flatten the surface.
8. Cover with a cling wrap and keep it aside for 45minutees.
9. Dip the index finger in warm water and make press on the dough to make indents.
10. Brush with the remaining oil.
11. Preheat oven to 230C.
12. Bake he bread until golden. It may take 20-30minutes.
13. Cool on wire rack and serve.
Mix all the dry ingredients.
Add water and prepare the dough. Add oil and chopped olives
Knead for 5 minutes
Press it into a greased tin
Make small indents after doubled and brush with olive oil.
Bake until golden.
Slice and serve.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#15
Linking this to
Vardhini's Bake Fest#6 hosted by Sumee
Pari's Only Snacks And Starters hosted by Raji
Labels: BAKES, BAKING EGGLESS, BLACK OLIVE, Blogging Marathon, BREAD, FLOUR, ITALIAN, ITALIAN SEASONING, OLIVE OIL