This post is very special to me because, it is the 500th post and I have achieved it in 18months. So I wanted to prepare a special bake to celebrate. When I started blogging, I saw a recipe at Table for 2 and more. I loved the beautiful snap and bookmarked it. But when I switched computers, the bookmark was gone. Fortunately, I remembered the blog name. So I searched for the recipe and got hold of it after 30minutes. Usually tarts are made with short crust pastry but this tart is made with yeasted dough. As the theme I have chosen for Blogging Marathon#15 is bread baking, I got a great excuse to prepare this tart. The procedure is very interesting and if you are interested in baking fancy breads then this recipe is surely for you.
Recipe Source: Wendy
Milk-1/4cup+1/2tsp Vinegar (this acts as the egg substitute)
Demerera Sugar/ Dark Brown Sugar-65gm
1. Mix flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a bowl.
2. Make a well in the centre and pour he milk vinegar mixture along with warm milk.
3. Mix well to form a soft and sticky dough.
4. Mix in the butter and knead the dough for 10minutes until the dough is soft and elastic.
5. Place in a greased bowl and cover with cling wrap.
6. Keep it aside for 30minutes.
7. Deflate dough and knead for 2-3minutes. Let the dough rest for 10minutes.
8. Grease a loose bottomed 9" tart pan.
9. Make 23 small marble sized balls from the dough.
10. Press the remaining dough onto the base of the tart pan.
11. Place a ball in the centre and the remaining balls along the circumference.
12. Cover and keep it aside for 30minutes.
13. Core, peel and slice the apples.
14. Press the apples onto thee tart dough neatly surrounding the centre ball.
15. Mix demerera sugar and vanilla sugar and sprinkle on the apples.
16. Preheat oven to 220C.
17. Bake the tart for 10minutes.
18. Remove from oven and pour the cream on the apples.
19. Reduce oven temperature to 180C.
20. Bake the tart until golden. It took 30minutes to bake.
21. Place on a wire rack and allow it to cool.
22. Remove the tart pan and place the tart on a serving plate.
23. Slice it up and serve. It is best served when warm.
Use a loose bottomed tart pan.
Make 23 small balls out of the dough.
Press the remaining dough on the pan.
Arrange the balls as shown.
Let it rise for 30minutes.
Press the apples around the centre ball and sprinkle sugar on it.
Bake for 10minutes and then pour the cream on top.
Bake until golden.
Slice and serve.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#15
Linking this to
Srivalli's Kid's Delight-Fruits hosted by Nupur
Vardhini's Bake Fest#6 hosted by Sumee
Pari's Only Snacks And Starters hosted by Raji
Labels: APPLE, BAKES, Blogging Marathon, BROWN SUGAR, CREAM, EGGLESS, FLOUR, TART