After struggling with the low voltage, atlas, I could upload a photo and post it. For the third day of Blogging Marathon, under Baking Bread, I prepared these soft, buttery, sweet and delicious pull apart bread. To my great surprise, my daughter liked it very much. I saw he recipe in a newly bough recipe book. The picture of the dish made me try it. The result was great. I have been postponing thee preparation this bread for three days due to low voltage. Yesterday was my lucky day and the oven worked well. This original recipe uses egg and I substituted it with curd and baking soda.
For The Dough:
For The Topping:
Light Brown Sugar-30gm
For The Dough:
1. Add butter and milk and warm. Let the butter melt and milk come to luke warm temperature.
2. Add yeast and keep it covered for 10minutes.
3. Take 75gm of flour, sugar and salt in a bowl.4. Mix curd and baking soda in a bowl and whisk until frothy.
5. Add it to the flour and mix well.
6. Add the yeast milk mixture and whisk until the mixture is without lumps.
7. Keep on adding the flour until it becomes a soft dough.
8. Sprinkle the remaining flour on the counter and place the dough on it.
9. Knead it until smooth and elastic. Knead for 10minutes to activate gluten.
10. Keep it covered for 30minutes in a bowl covered with cling wrap.
11. Grease a 7" round cake tin with butter.
12. Melt butter in a bowl.
13. In another bowl, mix together the sugars and cinnamon.
14. Deflate the dough and divide it into two equal parts.
15. Pinch small portions from one portion, roll into small marble sized ball and place on the tin after small intervals.
16. When the base is covered, brush the balls with half the butter and sprinkle half thee sugar mixture.
17. Make another layer of balls and Brush with remaining butter. Sprinkle the remaining sugar.
18. Cover and set it aside for 30minus.
19. Preheat oven to 190C. Bake the brad for 30minutes or until the crust is golden.
20. Remove from oven and cool on rack for 10minutes.
21. Remove bread from the tin and serve warm.
Take flour, sugar and salt
Mix curd and baking soda
Mix it to milk yeast mixture.
Add flour and mix
Knead a soft dough
Take the remaining flour and the dough on the counter
Knead for 10minutes until elastic
Let it double
Divide it into two
Mix the sugars and cinnamon
Pinch small portions, shape into balls and place on the base of the greased tin.
Brush with halsf butter and sprinkle half sugar
Place another layer of dough balls
Apply remaining butter and sprinkle remaining sugar
Keep it aside for 30minutes
Bake until golden
Serve and Enjoy
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#15
Linking this to
Vardhini's Bake Fest#6 hosted by Sumee
Pari's Only Snacks And Starters hosted by Raji
Labels: BAKES, Blogging Marathon, BREAD, BROWN SUGAR, BUTTER, CINNAMON, EGGLESS, FLOUR, SUGAR