Today is the fourth day of Blogging Marathon and I tried another vegan recipe to today. Vanaspathi or shortening is a fat extracted from vegetables and is a great substitute for butter in baking. While going through a recipe book, I saw this recipe. As I am posting under Vegan bakes theme, I thought this recipe would be appropriate. This recipe gave very light, crisp, melt in the mouth biscuits. Sruti helped me in the preparation. She pressed the mould on the dough and she made impressions with the fork. Then she relished the biscuits which was the greatest help to me. I am linking this to Kid's Delight- Eggless and Vegan Bakes guest hosted by Priya and started by Srivalli.
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. The dough will be very crumbly.
2. Place it in a wrap and refrigerate for 30minutes.
3. On a counter, press the dough and roll it into a circle of 1/8"thick.
4. Cut desired shapes with cutter.
5. Place the biscuits on a lined tray. Leave enough space since these biscuits spread a lot.
6. Preheat oven to 175C.
7. Bake the biscuits for 15-20minutes or until the bottom starts browning.
8. The biscuits will be very crumbly when hot. So leave the tray on the counter to cool completely.
9. Once cool the biscuits will become light and crisp. Store in air tight jar.
10. Serve with a cup of coffee.
Mix the crumbly dough.
Cover with wrap and refrigerate for 30minutes.
Roll out the dough and cut out the biscuits.
Arrange on a lined tray.
Prick with fork and bake.
Labels: Blogging Marathon, COOKIES, EGGLESS, FLOUR, SUGAR, VANASPATHI, VEGAN