Do you remember my French Country Bread? It was done with sourdough starter. There was 2 cups of starter remaining after the bake. I used it to make these rolls which my daughter liked very much. This has been lying in drafts for a long time. At last I am posting it after a month and a half. I made two types of rolls. One with carrot and the other with nutella spread. My neighbour's daughter liked the carrot rolls very much whereas Sruti liked the nutella rolls. So both the rolls qualify as Kid's delight. I am linking this to Kid's Delight- Eggless and Vegan Bakes guest hosted by Priya and started by Srivalli. Today is the second day of First week of Blogging Marathon started by Srivalli and I am posting under Eggless and Vegan Bakes theme.
All Purpose Flour-2cups
Olive Oil or Refined Oil-1/4cup
For The Carrot Filling:
1. Mix flour and salt.
2. Add the flour to the starter and mix well.
3. Add oil and knead the dough for 10 minutes until smooth and silky.
4. Cover and let it rise for 2hours.
5. While the dough is proofing, prepare the carrot filling.
6. Heat ghee and saute carrot until fragrant.
7. Add 3tbs sugar, tutti frutti and essence.
8. Saute until sugar dissolves and the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
9. Allow it to cool.
10. After two hours or when the dough is twice in volume, transfer it to the counter.
11. Punch down dough.
12. Divide the dough into two equal parts.
13. Keep one portion covered while working on the other.
14. Roll out the portion into a rectangle of 24cm*30cm.
15. Apply the butter evenly on the rolled rectangle.
16. Spread the carrot mixture evenly on the butter and sprinkle the sugar on it.
17. Start rolling the 24cm side into a tight log.
18. Cut the log into 6 equal parts.
19. Grease a baking tray and arrange the rolls leaving 2 cm in between.
20. Roll the other portion into a rectangle of 24cm*30cm.
21. Apply generous portion of nutella spread.
22. Roll it into a log.
23. Cut it into 6 equal parts and arrange them on the same tray.
24. Cover and let it rise for 1-1 1/2hours.
25. Preheat oven to 180C.
26. Bake the rolls until golden on top. Start checking from 15minutes.
27. Let the rolls cool.
Bubbling sourdough starter.
Mix all the ingredients for the dough.
Knead until smooth.
Prepare carrot filling.
Let the dough double in volume.
Divide the dough into two.
Roll one portion into a rectangle and fill it with butter and carrot filling.
Roll it into a tight log.
Cut into 6 equal parts.
Arrange on the tray.
Let it proof.
Bake until golden.
Serve with love.
Labels: BAKES, BUTTER, CARROT, EGGLESS, FLOUR, NUTELLA, ROLL, WILD YEAST