For this month's Daring Bakers Challenge, Lis of La Mia Cucina, asked us to go creative with our baking skills. She wanted us to create quick breads. I have posted a recipe for Eggless Pumpkin and honey bread. Quick breads are breads which doesn't need kneading or rising. The leavening agent used in quick breads are baking powder, baking soda or eggs. I love the honey flavour in breads. So I prepared another quick bread with honey. It also has wheat flour and banana. The combined aroma of honey and banana filled the house while the bread was in oven. When tasted, the combination of flavours worked well. The bread was mildly sweet, soft, moist and fluffy. The crust was beautiful and i am so happy for the result. I tried out eggless version.
All Purpose Flour-1/8cup
Banana-1(While mashed it should measure 1/2cup)
1. In a bowl, beat butter until fluffy.
2. Add sugar and honey and keep on beating until soft and fluffy.
3. Mash banana and add baking soda to it. Whisk until frothy.
4. Add the frothy banana to butter mixture and whisk well. The mixture may seem curdled but it is okay.
5. Sift together flour, wheat flour, salt and baking powder.
6. Add milk and vinegar in a separate bowl.
7. Add milk mixture and flour mixture alternately to the butter mixture and fold the batter. Do not over mix.
8. Grease and dust a loaf pan measuring 8"*3 1/2".
9. Pour the batter into the pan and level the top.
10. Preheat oven to 170C.
11. Bake the loaf for 25-30minutes or until the loaf passes the tooth pick test.
12. Remove from oven and let it sit on counter for 5 minutes.
13. Remove the loaf from pan and allow it to cool on wire rack.
14. Slice and serve.
Isn't the crust beautiful?
A closer look at a slice.
Labels: BAKES, BREAD RECIPES, BUTTER, DARING BAKER CHALLENGE, EGGLESS, FLOUR, HONEY, SUGAR, WHEAT FLOUR