I prepared pumpkin puree last week. So I just wanted to bake something using it. I always love the colour of bakes using pumpkin. I saw this recipe at joy of baking. I was immediately drawn towards the colour and texture of the scone. It was eggless too. The scone came out so soft and delicious. It was also colourful and we liked it so much.
Cold Unsalted Butter-1/2cup
1. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground ginger.
2. Cut butter into small pieces.
3. Mix it with the flour with finger tips.
4. Mix butter milk, pumpkin puree and vanilla.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the flour.
6. Just mix it. Do not over knead.
7. Mix the raisins.
8. Pat the dough into a 7"circle with a thickness of 1 1/2".
9. Cut it into 8 equal triangular wedges.
10. Arrange the wedges on a butter paper lined tray.
11. Preheat oven to 200C.
12. Place the tray on another baking tray to avoid burning the scones.
13. Bake for 20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
14. Serve along with coffee
|Cut the butter into flour mixture|
|Add wet ingredients and raisins|
|Pat into a circle and cut into 8 wedges|
|Place on a baking tray|
Today is the second day of Blogging Marathon#11 Week2. Linking this to Pari's Only-Cakes and Cookies and Julie's Christmas Delicacy.
|Bake until done|
Labels: BAKES, Blogging Marathon, BUTTER, EGGLESS, FLOUR, PUMPKIN