Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today I am back in my home. Yesterday I bought chocolate chips in a store in Coimbatore. Today I made these wonderful cookies which are crunchy and soft at the same time. When I read about these cookies, usually the author describes it as crunchy and chewy. I never understood how a cookie can be crunchy and chewy at the same time. But after tasting these cookies I understand it. The outer layer was very crisp while the interiors were chewy and it was also loaded with chocolate chips. My daughter who is a great fan of chocolate loved these. She also helped me in preparing these cookies. The original recipe had eggs and nuts. But I changed it to an eggless one by substituting buttermilk for egg and raisins instead of nuts. The outcome was fantastic.


Ingredients:
Butter-1/2cup
White Granulated Sugar-1/2cup
Brown Sugar-1/2cup(I used a combination of light and dark brown sugar)
Buttermilk-1/3cup
Vanilla Essence-1tsp
All Purpose Flour/ Maida-1 1/2cups
Baking Soda-1/2tsp
Salt-1/4tsp
Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips-1cup
Raisins-1cup(I used a combination of golden and black raisins)

Procedure:
1. Cream together butter and sugars.
2. Add the vanilla essence and buttermilk and beat until creamy.
3. Mix flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the flour to the butter mixture and fold.
5. Add the chips and raisins. Mix well.
6. Refrigerate for 1hour.
7. Preheat oven to 175C.
8. Make lemon sized balls out of the dough and place 2" apart on a butter paper lined baking tray.
9. Flatten each ball with a fork. If the dough sticks to the fork, place the fork in flour and then flatten.
10. Bake for 10-12minutes. Look out for browning at the bottom of the cookie.
11. Remove from oven and let it cool on the tray.
12. Remove the cookies carefully from the paper and place on wire rack and let it cool completely.
13. Store in airtight jar.
14. Serve along with coffee.

The dough

Place lemon sized balls 2" apart

Flatten with a fork

The cookie will spread out

Close look of the delicious cookie

Serve
Today is the sixth day of the week long Blogging Marathon#11. Linking this to Pari's Only-Cakes and Cookies and  Julie's Christmas Delicacy.I am also sending this to Suma's Cookie Fest


Labels: , , , , , , , ,