After preparing the French Country Bread with sourdough starter for The Daring Baker Challenge, the question of how to use it arises. I made this delicious pudding with one whole bread. This is an eggless version and it is loaded with chocolate chips. It tastes great and makes a great breakfast / evening snack. I have used alot of milk because the bread was dense. If you are using store bought soft bread then reduce the quantity of milk and custard powder.
Vanilla Custard Powder-1/2cup
Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips-1/4cup
1. Apply butter to the square tin.
2. Cut bread into chunks and place it in the tin without leaving space.
3. Mix vanilla custard powder, sugar and milk.
4. Pour it over the bread pieces. Sprinkle chocolate chips and cut fruits on the bread slices.
5. Preheat oven to 200C.
6. Bake the pudding for 30minutes or until the top is golden.
7. Allow the temperature to drop down to just warm.
8. Cut and serve.
|Place the chunks in the tin|
|Pour the custard, chocolate chips and cut fruits|
|Cut and serve|
Labels: BAKES, Blogging Marathon, CHOCOLATES, CUSTARD, EGGLESS, MILK, SOURDOUGH