For this month's Sweet Punch, Ria asked us to bake a dish of our choice. I bookmarked this recipe from a cook book before long. I thought this was the perfect time to try out the recipe. Yesterday, I made these with the help of my daughter and it turned out delicious. The only mistake I did was, I didn't line the tin with butter paper. So I had a hard time slicing the squares and removing them from the tin.
For The Base:
Vanilla Custard Powder-2 1/2tbs
For The Caramel:
Dark Brown Sugar-1 1/8cup
Roasted Unsalted Peanuts-1 1/8cup
For The Base:
1. Beat butter and powdered sugar until fluffy.
2. Mix flour, custard powder and baking powder.
3. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and make a crumbly dough.
4. Grease and line a 18cm square tin and press the dough onto the base to even thickness.
5. Preheat oven to 180C.
6. Cover the tin with foil and bake it for 15minutes.
For The Caramel Layer:
1. Chop the roasted peanuts.
2. In a saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and honey.
3. When the mixture starts boiling, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the chopped peanuts and mix it well.
5. Remove from fire.
1. Remove the foil from the tin.
2. Pour the peanut caramel over the base immediately.
3. Bake for 10minutes without foil.
4. Remove from oven and cool.
5. Invert on to a plate, remove the lining and flip it again to bring the caramel layer to the top.
6. Cut into squares and serve.
|Beat butter and sugar|
|Mix the dry ingredients|
|Make a crumbly dough|
|Press it onto a lined tin and bake|
|Mix butter, brown sugar and honey in a saucepan|
|Crush the peanuts|
|Add it to the caramel|
|Pour on the base and bake|
|Cut it into squares|
Linking this to Pari's Only-Cakes and Cookies
Labels: BAKES, BROWN SUGAR, BUTTER, EGGLESS, FLOUR, PEANUT, SUGAR, SWEET PUNCH