I prepared this delicious pulao yesterday for lunch. My hubby loved it very much, especially the tiny tofu pieces. This is a nice way of making children eat tofu. Button mushrooms also add some goodness to the pulao. I used coconut milk for the pulao instead of water and it turned out rich and nice. Today is the fifth day of Blogging Marathon#10 and I am posting under the theme Deceptively Delicious. I am also sending this as an entry to Kid's Delight- Deceptively Delicious hosted by Pavani and started by Srivalli. We enjoyed it with cucumber pieces and thakkali kurma.
Basmathi Rice-1 1/2cups
Ginger- a small piece
Cinnamon-a small piece
1. Wash and soak basmathi rice for 30minutes.
2. Heat 3tbs oil and splutter fennel, clove and cinnamon.
3. Add onion and saute till golden.
4. Crush green chilly, garlic and ginger in a mortar and pestle into a coarse paste.
5. Add this to the onions and saute till the raw smell is gone.
6. In a non stick tawa heat a tbs oil and add small cubes of tofu and saute till golden.
7. Keep it aside and in the same pan add mushrooms. Saute till it is cooked.
8. Add the green peas to the mushrooms and saute on low flame.
9. Cover and cook the peas on low flame till done.
10. Add the tofu and mix well. Remove from flame and add this to the onion.
11. Drain water from rice and add the rice to onion and vegetables.
12. Saute till the rice becomes dry and starts sticking to the pan.
13. Add coconut milk, water, salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
14. When it starts boiling stir it at regular intervals until 80% cooked.
15. Add the ghee and mix well.
16. Cover the pan with foil and the lid on top. Reduce flame to low and let it cook for 2-3minutes.
17. Meanwhile keep an iron tawa and heat it.
18. Reduce flame to medium and place the pan on the tawa.
19. Keep this arrangement on flame for 10minutes.
20. Switch off stove and serve hot with cucumber slices and kurma.
Labels: Blogging Marathon, GREEN PEAS, MUSHROOM, RICE, TOFU