Today is the second day of BM#10. I am posting under guilt free snacks. I saw the original recipe in a book which accompanied my oven. It had loads and loads of butter and maida. I adapted the recipe to prepare these tasty and crunchy sticks. I used olive oil instead of butter and also reduced the amount of oil by half. Atta went into the dough instead of maida. We enjoyed it with our evening coffee.
Pressure Cooked and Mashed Potatoes-200gm
White Sesame Seeds-1tbs
1. Mix all the dry ingredients. Add potato and mix it well.
2. Add the oil and knead to form a soft dough.
3. Divide into 5 equal parts.
4. Roll out each ball into a square of 11cm*9cm.
5. Cut them into 4 equal stripes each measuring 11cm*2 1/4cm.
5. Preheat oven to 200C.
6. Place the stripes on a greased tray.
7. Bake for 20minutes. In between rotate the tray once for even browning. The top will not change colour.
8. After 20minutes, flip the sticks so that the top goes to bottom for browning.
9. Bake for 10minutes.
10. Remove tray from oven and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
11. Serve crunchy sticks along with coffee or tea.
|Roll out the dough into a 11cm*9cm rectangle|
|Cut it into 4 stripes|
|Arrange on a greased baking tray|
|After 20minutes flip the sticks|
Labels: BAKES, Blogging Marathon, OLIVE OIL, WHEAT FLOUR