For the month of September, the Sweet Punch team selected Chocolate Almond Biscotti from Joy Of Baking. I think I am the last member to post this month's punch. I tried an eggless version. I have seen this recipe at Joy of Baking for a long time and wanted to try it. But somehow I always postponed it. Sweet Punch has given a nice opportunity to try it out. The recipe is quite simple. As this is the eggless version, the log cracked a lot. It was very delicate. But it tasted great. It was so crispy and so chocolaty.
Blanched whole Almonds-110gm
1. Soak almonds in hot water for 10minutes. Peel away the skin. The almonds should measure 110gm after peeling the skin.
2. Spread it out in a baking tray and place it in a 180C oven for 5-8minutes. They should become golden.
3. Remove from oven and chop it coarsely.
4. Chop the chocolate coarsely.
5. Soak flax meal in warm water for 10minutes.
6. In a bowl beat sugar and flax mixture on high speed for 5 minutes. The mixture resembles beaten egg.
7. Add the vanilla extract and beat well.
8. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
9. Add the flour to flax sugar mixture and mix to get a sticky dough. Add 3-4tbs water if required.
10. Mix in the chopped almonds and chocolate.
11. Grease a baking tray. Shape the dough into a log of 30cm long and 9cm wide.
12. Bake for 20minutes.
13. Cool on a wire rack for 10minutes.
14. Cut the log into 2.5cm wide pieces. They crumble a lot so be careful.
15. Place the slices cut side down and bake for 10minutes at 150C.
16. Invert the pieces and bake for another 10minutes.
17. Cool on wire rack.
Labels: ALMONDS, BAKES, CHOCOLATES, EGGLESS