Today is day sixth of the Blogging Matathon. I prepared this sweet for today's pooja. This was amazingly delicious and rich with loads of dry fruits, nuts, milk and poppy seeds. We had a small portion after the pooja and I will be distributing this to my friends. I hope they like it too.
Recipe Source: Sindhi Rasoi
Poppy Seeds / Khus khus-100gm
Raisins-1/4cup (black and golden mixed)
1. Wash and soak poppy seeds over night.
2. Drain water using tea strainer.
3. Grind into a coarse paste adding some milk.
4. Heat 3tbs ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and add the paste.
5. Saute on medium heat until the poppy seeds become golden brown.
6. Add a cup of milk and let the poppy seeds absorb the milk.
7. Add milk at regular intervals until you finish off with the milk.
8. After the last addition add chopped nuts, raisins and chopped dates.
9. Add cardamom powder and remaining ghee.
10. When the mixture thickens add sugar.
11. Now the mixture will become little thin. Allow it to boil.
12. When the mixture thickens and leaves the side of the pan switch off stove and allow it to cool.
13. Garnish with sliced pistas and serve.
Take a look at my fellow bloggers running along with me here.
|A closer look at the yummy seero|
Sending this to Kalyani's MMK-Indian Mithai Mela
Labels: A, ALMONDS, Blogging Marathon, MILK, PISTA, POPPY SEEDS, SINDHI, SUGAR, SWEETS