I made this roti for breakfast and we enjoyed it with mango pickle. It was delicious. The preparation is very easy and it is a wholesome breakfast.
Red Chilly Powder-2tsp
1. Grind oats and barley to a coarse powder in mixer grinder.
2. Add salt, red chilly powder and butter milk and prepare a thick batter.
3. If butter milk is not sufficient add water.
4. Keep it aside for 1 hour.
5. The batter will become thick, sticky dough.
6. Add finely chopped onion and mix well.
7. Heat tawa. Take a orange sized ball from the prepared dough and flatten it on the tawa.
8. Switch flame to low while flattening.
9. Drizzle oil along the sides and cook it on medium flame.
10. When one side is done flip it and cook the other side also.
11. Repeat flipping till the roti becomes crisp.
12. Serve hot with pickle.
I am sending this to
WWC-Barley for Breakfast by Priya started by Sanjeetha
Oats Recipes Event by Sameena
Labels: BARLEY, OATS