I had three home made puff pastry squares for a long time. I couldn't decide on what to do with it. I wanted to prepare some thing different. Suddenly I came up with this great idea. It was so yummy. The crispy puffs with soft syrupy interiors was very nice. Hubby and daughter liked it a lot, and it was gone within a day.
I am running a blogging marathon along with some of by friends for 15 days.Check out my Blogging Marathon buddies in action! Srivalli, Priya Suresh, Jay, Monika, PJ, Priya Vaasu, Azeema, Reva, Ayeesha, Usha, Veena & Soumya.
Puff pastry Sheets-3 squares
Almond and pista-3 each
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Cut the pastry sheet into tiny squares.
3. Arrange on a baking tray and bake it till golden brown.
4. Heat sugar, cardamom powder and water. Stir till sugar dissolves completely and the syrup boils.
5. When the syrup becomes sticky , switch off flame.
6. Add the baked squares to the syrup. Let it soak in syrup for 2 minutes.
7. Remove from syrup and arrange on a plate. Garnish with sliced almonds and pistas.
8. Relish it within a day, because the next day the puffs will absorb all the syrup and become very soft.
|Cut the sheet into tiny squares|
|Soak in sugar syrup after baking|
Labels: PASTRY, PUFFS, SUGAR, SWEETS