I have started experimenting with homemade Tofu. I prepared these cutlets and my hubby loved them so much. It contains less oil and healthy ingredients. You can relish it without any side dish. But if you want some, you can go for tomato sauce or mint chutney. It is very easy to prepare these cutlets. I used ajwain seeds for the flavour. Hope you like it. I prepared two big hearts and a small heart. One for Daddy, one for mommy and the tiny one for the little one. This was the second batch. The first batch did not last long, so I couldn't take a snap. Sending this to Winter Warmers by Veggie Hut. and CWS-Ajwain by Seasoned and Dressed started by Priya.
Red Chilly Powder-1/2tsp
- Crumble tofu.
- Dry roast oats till golden brown and add it to tofu.
- Boil potato, peel and mash it.
- In a pan, heat 1tsp oil. Add ajwain seeds. When splutters add onion.
- Saute till golden brown.
- Add grated carrot, mashed potatoes and give a nice stir.
- Keep flame low to avoid burning the bottom.
- Add red chilly powder, chat masala and salt.
- Mix well and switch off flame.
- Add the tofu oats mixture to the potato mixture.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Take medium sized balls and shape them into heart shaped cutlets.
- Grease a baking tray with 1tbs oil and place the cultets on the tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully flip the cutlets and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot with sauce.
P.S: While flipping, remove the tray from oven to your counter top. After flipping place the tray in the oven. Please do not attempt to flip the cutlets inside the oven.
Labels: BAKES, DIET RECIPES, HOMEMADE, OATS, POTATO, SNACKS, TOFU