I prepared this for lunch when my sister came home. Served it with a simple onion raitha. Every one loved this at home. I am sending this to Only Green event at Sara's Corner started by Pari.
Methi leaves-1 1/2cups
Ginger-a small piece
1. Wash and soak rice for 30minutes and drain water.
2. In a broad pan, heat oil and add fennel,cloves,cardamom,cinnamon and bay leaf.
3. When splutters add onion and saute till golden brown.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell is gone.
5. Add green peas and saute till half cooked.
6. In a mixie jar take methi leaves and run the mixie in pulse mode without adding water. The methi leaves should be minced well.
7. Add the minced leaves to the onion mixture. Saute till cooked fully.
8. Add water and salt. Bring it to boil.
9. Add rice and let it boil on medium flame till 90% done.
10. Add ghee, mix well and close lid. Switch flame to low and let it cook till done.
11. Switch off flame and wait for 5 minutes.
12. Fluff with a fork and serve hot with raitha.
Labels: METHI LEAVES, RICE VARIETIES