This was a wonderful flat bread and it puffed out great. I loved it. It stayed soft even after it cooled down. If you like onions you could try the onion kulcha. I am sending this to FLAVOURS OF PUNJAB event hosted by Pari of Foodelicious and started by Nayna of Simply. Food. and Joy of cooking's Complete my thali: Roti-Bhakhri-Poli-Thepla-Puri-Rotla event guest hosted by Torview
Maida-300gm (I used atta and maida in equal proportions)
1. Mix maida, salt and soda. Add curd and prepare a soft dough.
2. Knead it till smooth.
3. Keep it covered for 1hour
4. For onion Kulchas Roll out a small ball into a chapathi and stuff it with onions. Close the rolled dough over the onions and roll out the ball again to thin chapathis.
5. Cook it on tawa until done. Apply oil on both sides and serve hot.
6. I liked the plain version because it puffed out nice and was very soft. For the plain version roll the dough into thin circles and roast them on tawa. Do not add oil at the starting stage because it will not let the kulchas to puff.
Labels: FLAT BREADS, PUNJABI DISHES