Coconut Cookies

This is the first time I am trying this recipe. It turned out well. In course of preparation I did a mistake. The recipe requires baking the cookies for 15minutes. When I finished the first batch, I knew something was wrong, but couldn't source the problem. I placed the second batch in oven and when it was 10 minutes I saw the mistake. Last time when I used the oven I used it in toast mode. I have forgot to switch it to bake mode and now I have been toasting the cookies instead of baking them. The cookies should come crisp but it was very soft. The third batch was baked and the result was great melting cookies. What shall I do with the toasted cookies? I again baked them for 10 minutes and they became crisper. So now I learnt my lesson. Never assume anything while baking. Check that the mode is set to your requirement. I am sending this to Dish Name Starts with C hosted by Akila of  Learning to Cook. 





The Recipe:
Ingredients:

Fresh grated coconut-200gm
Butter-200gm
Sugar-200gm
Flour-200gm
Vanilla extract-1/2tsp
Cardamom powder-1tsp

Procedure:

1. Mix all the ingredients and prepare a soft dough. the dough will be little loose.
2. Preheat oven to 180C
3. Shape the dough into medium sized cookies and place them in a greased baking tray.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 13 minutes. After removing tray from oven allow it to cool. The cookies may look soft but on cooling will become crisp. Remove with a knife and cool it completely on a wire rack.
5. Serve with coffee or tea.
 

Labels: , , ,