This is my daughter's favorite. She likes it so much that she thinks a lot before giving it to her dad .You can either use ghee or any vegetable oil or you can combine both to get delicious paniyaram. The paniyaram is a special south indian delicacy prepared in a kuzhi paniyaram pan.To the recipe.......
Grated Coconut-1/2 cup
Urad dhal- 2tbs
Menthiya seeds- 1tsp
1. Soak raw rice, boiled rice, Urad dhal and menthiya seeds overnight.
2. Grind it with little water. The batter should be thick.
3. In a vessel add powdered jaggery and 2tbs water and bring it to boil.
4. Filter the hot syrup into the batter and mix well.
5. Add cardamom powder and grated coconut.and the batter is ready.
6. Add 1tsp oil in the paniyaram pan. Fill 3/4th of the moulds with batter. Cover it with lid.
7. When the bottom of paniyaram is cooked invert them with a spoon.
8. When the paniyarams are cooked remove from mould and serve hot.
|Heat Jaggery and water |
|Add syrup to batter|
|Add coconut and cardamom powder|
|Prepare paniyaram in the pan|
Labels: SOUTH INDIAN DELICACIES