Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes with Rich Chocolate Frosting

Two months back I started baking with eggs. And I started a separate blog to feature all my experiments with eggs in baking. But it would take years to reach out to my audience. So I have started sharing my bakes using eggs in this blog itself. Even now I don't eat bakes with eggs but there is Sruti to taste all the bakes so no worries. There will be a separate page in my blog with all the recipe links. And today I come before you with a chocolatey cupcake frosted with a rich chocolate icing. Both the frosting and cupcakes doesnot have cocoa powder. They are made of dark melted chocolate and they are sure to tickle your tastebuds.


My daughter is at home for the next 10 days and I have this huge responsibility of making chocolate based desserts for the chocolate fan. Yesterday there was a disaster in my kitchen. Yes There are so many disasters going on lately. I had a box of chocolate truffle mixture and I tried making pops with them. I froze the truffle balls and dipped them in melted chocolate. Here is what happened. The truffle mixture melted into the chocolate. When I let it out for hardening, the chocolate would not harden. They stayed soft. But still I managed to make 5 pops in which the outer chocolate hardened. Then another disaster struck. The truffle inside the pp started breaking the chocolate coating started oozing out of the pops. My daughter was happy to finish it off but I was so sad. The melted chocolate cannot be used for coating as it would not harden. So I just transferred the melted chocolate into some cones and left it inside fridge to harden. The truffle mixture also returned to the fridge. Today, I started searching for a cupcake recipe which uses melted chocolate and I saw one in BBC Food. The recipe looked promising and I could use the batch of dark chocolate in the recipe without any problems ( I hoped so!!) 



I melted the chocolate and followed the recipe exactly. The cupcakes were so moist. My daughter couldn't wait until I frosted them. She gobbled up one and gave me a thumbs up. It was now time to use the truffle mixture. I added a cup of icing sugar to the truffle and after mixing I got a very rich chocolatey frosting. I frosted the cupcakes with the icing and finished it off with the sprinkling of edible silver beads. I am linking this to the Kid's Delight - Chocolate started by Srivalli and is being guest hosted here at Gayathri's Cook Spot.




Recipe Source: BBC GOOD FOOD
Makes 16 regular cupcakes
Ingredients:
For The Cupcakes:
Flour-250 gm
Baking Powder-2 tsp
Butter-200 gm
Dark Chocolate-200 gm
Light Brown Sugar-200 gm
Egg-2
Hot Water-100 ml
Vanilla-1 tsp

For The Frosting:
Dark Chocolate-100 gm
Fresh Cream-100 ml
Icing Sugar-1 cup

Procedure:
For The Cupcakes:
1. Heat oven to 160C.
2. Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners.
3. In a sauce pan put together chocolate, butter, sugar and hot water.
4. Allow it to melt on medium flame. Stir it continuously until everything melts completely.
5. Pour it into a large bowl and let it cool while preparing the other ingredients.
6. In a bowl break the two eggs and whisk with a fork until well combined.
7. In another bowl whisk together flour and baking powder.
8. With a whisk keep on beating the chocolate mixture while you steadily pour the egg into it.
9. When fully incorporated, add the flour 1/2 a cup at a time and whisk until well incorporated.
10. Fill each liner until 2/3rd.
11. Bake for 22 - 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
12. ALlow it to cool completely on a wire rack.

For The Frosting:
1. Heat cream on low flame until it starts bubbling on the sides.
2. Place the chocolate in a bowl and pour the cream over it.
3. Keep on whisking until the chocolate is completely melt.
4. Allow it to cool completely. The mixture will thicken.
5. Now add icing sugar and mix until you get spreadable consistency. Add more icing sugar if necessary.

Assembling:
1. With the help of an offset spatula, apply the frosting on all the cupcakes.
2. Decorate the cupcakes with silver balls or sprinkles.
3. Enjoy!!



Take all the ingredients in a sauce pan.



Add hot water and put on flame.



Whisk until melted.



Whisk together two eggs.



Add it to the chocolate mixture continuously whisking the mixture.



Add in the flour.



Mix until combined.



Fill 2/3 rd of the liners with the batter.



Bake until done.



Mix icing sugar to the truffle.



Mix to make it to spreadable consistency.



Apply on the cupcakes and decorate.



Print Friendly and PDF

Labels: , , ,