Cashewnut Brownie

When I had some guests on Sunday, I wanted to make a quick snack to serve them along with coffee. ANd I also wanted to bake. Brownie came to my mind. As I haven't tried brownies with eggs, this was the perfect opportunity to try. Brownies are cake like but slightly moist than them. You can serve them plain, or dust with powdered sugar or some topping sauce. They taste equally great. There are so many types of brownies, some use cocoa and some use melted chocolate. As I wanted a simple recipe I opted for this one which I bookmarked earlier from allrecipes.com.




Recipe Source: Allrecipes
Ingredients:
Butter-1/2 cup
Sugar-1 cup
Egg-2
Vanilla-1 tsp
Cocoa Powder-1/3 cup
Flour/ Maida-1/2 cup
Salt-1/4 tsp
Baking Powder-1/4 tsp
Cashew Nuts-1/2 cup

Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Grease an 8" square pan with butter.
3. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
4. In a bowl cream together sugar and butter.
5. Add the eggs and beat until incorporated.
6. Add the flour mixture beat until combined.
7. Add the croken cashew nuts and mix.
8. Transfer mixture to the greased baking pan.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
10. Allow the brownie to cool in the pan.
11. Cut into square pieces.
12. Dust with icing sugar.
13. Remove the slices from the pan and serve.




Print Friendly and PDF

Labels: , ,