Ringna Bateta Ni Kachri - A Tribute To Tarla Dalal

Last week, November 6th Wednesday, I was so shocked when I opened my FB page for updates. One of my FB friends posted that Tarla Dalalji is no more. I just couldn't believe it. I searched for so long and after an hour, many updates started coming on friend's walls about the sad news. I am a great fan of Tarla Dalalji and I have been collecting her books for the past two years. Whenever I have a doubt regarding any recipe, I first search the books written by her, then her website and only then I go for any other alternative. If you are a foodie, you would surely be familiar with her recipes. My most favourite Tarla Dalal's book is Mithai. She has listed so many sweets and if you try them you surely can master the art of sweet making. I have bought so many of her books for giveaways in my blog and I will continue to do so. She will be remembered forever...


Logo By Preeti

We at the Blogging Marathon group wanted to post a tribute to her. The idea was given by Padma and every one wanted to be a part. So Preethi designed this logo for the post. We thought of trying one of her recipes which would be a perfect tribute to her. Tarla Dalal gives perfect recipes with accurate proportions. You can never fail with her recipe and that is why her recipes are a great hit among bloggers. This recipe is from her Gujarathi Cook book. It is a simple yet tasty dish and can be made in a jiffy. 



Recipe Source: Tarla Dalal
Ingredients:
Brinjal-4 medium sized
Potato-2 large
Oil-3 tbs
Mustard Seeds-1 tsp
Asafoetida-1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder-1 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder-1 tsp
Chilly Powder-1 1/2 tsp
Besan-1 tbs
Maida-1 tsp
Salt-to taste

Procedure:
1. Slice brinjal and potato into cubes.
2. Heat oil and add mustard seeds.
3. When they crackle add turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and hing.
4. Saute for a minute on medium flame.
5. Add the chopped vegetables.
6. Keep on stirring for 7-8 minutes on low flame until they are half done.
7. Add salt, besan and flour.
8. Mix well and keep on stirring on low flame for another 8 minutes.
9. Remove from flame when the vegetables are done.
10. Serve hot with rice or roti..


Chop the vegetables.



Saute the spice powders in oil.



Add the chopped vegetables.



Keep on stirring on low flame.



Add besan, salt and maida.



Cook until done.



Serve with rice or roti..


Print Friendly and PDF

Labels: , , , , ,