Pear and Apple Crumble

For the third day of cooking with fruits, in the Blogging Marathon, I made this delicious crumble combining apple and pear. I have become so lazy nowadays. I tend to prepare for any event on the final day and at the last minute I blog about it. Though I am not missing any of the events, I am making my life very hectic with this type of activity. I need to plan every thing beforehand to avoid such situations. For the past two days, I am sort of depressed. Our jet pump, the only source of water stopped working and I have been living on the stored water for the past two days. After so many calls to the electrician, he is still busy and I am still depressed. It is raining heavily and from morning there was a power shut down. So all my plans to make the crumble in the morning crashed heavily. I thought of skipping the post today but I didn't want to do it. And finally power was retained at 3 pm and I started working on my crumble. It is quite easy to prepare the crumble. With very little water left, I have accumulated a pile of dishes in the sink and this crumble added some more to it. It took just 45 minutes to get the crumble out of the oven and finally I am enjoying the rain with the hot crumble. I am missing out on the ice cream but it is OK. After 2 days, I am little happy now for the crumble turned out delicious. The top was crunchy and the inside was gooey. I thought of adding chocolate chips to the topping but while working on the topping, I completely forgot about it. Next time I will be adding some chocolate chips to make it more delicious...



Makes 3 Small Ramekins 
Ingredients:
For The Filling:
Pear-1
Apple-1
Butter-1 tbs
Light Brown Sugar-1/4 cup
Vanilla Essence-1/2 tsp

For The Topping:
Flour/ Maida-1/4 cup
Oats-1/4 cup
Cold Butter-2 tbs
Caster Sugar-1/4 cup

Procedure:
For The Filling:
1. Peel, core and slice the fruits into small cubes.
2. Add together the fruits, sugar, vanilla and butter in a sauce pan and let the butter and sugar melt.
3. When it starts boiling, turn flame to low and cover and cook for two minutes.
4. Switch off stove and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.

For The Topping:
1. Mix together flour, maida and sugar in a bowl.
2. Cut the butter into small pieces and mix with your fingers to incorporate it into the flour.
3. It should be crumbly.

Assembling and Baking:
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Divide the fruit mixture between three ramekins.
3. Divide the liquid between the three.
4. Divide the topping into three and press it on the fruit.
5. Bake it for 30-35 minutes or until the topping is golden.
6. Remove from oven, allow it to stand for 5 minutes.
7. Serve and Enjoy!!!



Mix all the ingredients for the filling.



Cover and cook for 2 minutes and allow it to stand for 10 minutes.



Mix the ingredients for topping.



Mix with your fingers to incorporate the butter into the flour.



Fill each ramekin to 3/4th with the fruits and the liquid from the cooking of fruits.



Top it with the topping and press it.



Bake until the top is golden.



Enjoy as it is or with a scoop of ice cream...

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#34 

Print Friendly and PDF

Labels: , , , , , ,