Inji Puli/ Puli Inji

Today starts the final week of Blogging  Marathon #34 and I have chosen to blog from a fellow blogger as a special theme. The blogger I am paired with is Lisha of Nandoo's Kitchen. She has a nice collection of recipes and what interested me the most are the Kerala Sadya recipes. So I selected three recipes from her blog and prepared them. I will be blogging about them for the three days. The first recipe I made is the spicy pickle made for sadya. Pairing ginger and tamarind makes the pickle super tangy and super spicy. It was absolutely delicious with curd rice. This is an important part of the Sadya menu and I have heard a lot about it through fellow bloggers. But this is the first time I am trying this and I just loved it...



Recipe Source: Nandoo's Kitchen
Ingredients:
Ginger-100 gm
Green Chillies-2
Red Chilly Powder1/2 tsp
Asafoetida-a pinch
Grated Jaggery-1 tbs
Tamarind- a lemon sized ball ( soak in water and extract thick pulp)
Oil-3 tbs
Mustard-1/4 tsp
Methi Seeds-1/8 tsp
Curry Leaves-a sprig
Salt-to taste

Procedure:
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry peeled and chopped ginger slices.
2. When they start browning, add green chillies and saute for a minute.
3. Drain oil and grind it to a coarse mixture without adding water in a mixer grinder.
4. Heat oil, add mustard and fenugreek seeds. When they crackle add asafoetida and the curry leaves.
5. Add the ground ginger and saute for a minute.
6. Add in the red chilly powder, salt, tamarind pulp and jaggery.
7. Mix well. Cook on low flame until oil comes out.
8. Store in a glass jar and refrigerate.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#34

Print Friendly and PDF

Labels: , , ,