Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies

Happy Children's Day

Yesterday when my daughter returned from school, she was so much excited. As there was going to be children's day celebration at school, it was a no bag day today and she was so happy that it was going to be her special day. She was talking about the day the entire evening. I told her about Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and how he is uncle for me and for her too. She asked me not to scold her today and I told her not do do any mischief today. When she went to school, she wanted me to prepare something which she likes the most. I accepted it and dropped her at the bus stop. I had to attend a marriage today and when I returned home by 12:30 PM, there was no power. Then at 2:00 PM it was restored and I started making these cookies from Tarla Dalal's Chocolate Cook Book. It took me 30 minutes from start to finish and after baking these and arranging them on a wire rack I went to bring Sruti home from bus stop. She asked me whether her treat was ready, and when I said yes, she was very happy. After coming home, I made her close her eyes and placed a cookie on her hand, she saw it and made a happy dance as the cookie was loaded with her most favourite chocolate chips. Finally I was very happy as it ended well after so many hurdles. These cookies are very crispy and the chips add a nice crunch to them. It is very easy to put them together. Switch on the oven and start preparing the dough. By the time the oven is preheated, you will have the cookies shaped, bake for 10-12 minutes and your delicious cookies are ready...

Recipe Source: Tarla Dalal
Makes 12 Cookies
Ingredients:
Butter-5 tbs
Powdered Sugar-6 tbs
Milk-1 tbs
Vanilla Essence-1/2 tsp
Flour/ Maida-1 cup
Baking Powder-1 tsp
Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
Chocolate Chips-6 tbs

Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In another bowl, whisk together butter and sugar.
4. When creamy add milk and essence. Beat until incorporated.
5. Add the chocolate chips and flour mixture and knead to a soft dough.
6. Divide into 12 equal portions.
7. Roll each into a ball and slightly flatten it. 
8. Arrange on a greased baking tray spacing them 2" apart.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes until nicely browned.
10. Remove from oven and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
11. Transfer them to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
12. Store in an air tight jar.




They turned out awesome..



The texture was very nice. Need a bite????


Print Friendly and PDF

Labels: , , , ,