Eggless Butterless Pumpkin Bread

As I told you before, the blogs are full of pumpkin recipes for the Halloween. And in Baking Partners group challenges, it is a pumpkin recipe this month. Swathi had given two pumpin recipes as per Tamy's suggestions, one is this quick bread and the other an yeasted bread. As I wanted a quick recipe as I was pressed for time, I opted this. When first I started blogging, I used to be skeptical in using oil in cake and bread recipes. I thought only butter could give the required texture. But I was wrong. Oil makes the bread very moist and soft and the moistness is retained for 3 days without drying it out. And there will not be the taste of oil. I have done some recipes using oil and each and every recipe has turned out awesome. And making the cake is also easy as it doesn't require a lot of beating. So when I saw this recipe, I was very much pleased. And it turned out absolutely soft, moist and delicious. This cake was supposed to be vegan. But I didn't have an ingredient to veganize this bread. The recipe asked for pure maple syrup which is not available at my place. So I substituted it with honey so my bread turned out to be a non vegan bread. So if you want to try out the perfect vegan pumpkin bread, then use maple syrup instead of honey. The cake is very spicy with lots of spices added to it. Add or leave according to your wish. 





Ingredients:
Flour/ Maida-1 cup
Wheat Flour-3/4 cup
Dark Brown Sugar-1 cup
Baking Soda-1 tsp
Baking Powder-1/2 tsp
Salt-1/2 tsp
Nutmeg-1/2 tsp
Cinnamon-1/2 tsp
Clove-1/4 tsp
Pumpkin Puree-1 cup ( I used home made)
Oil-1/2 cup
Honey-3 tbs
Water-3 tbs
Chopped Walnuts-1/2 cup

Procedure:
1. In a bowl mix flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and the spices.
2. In another bowl add oil, honey, water and pumpkin puree.
3. Now pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture.
4. Mix until combined.
5. Add chopped walnuts and mix to incorporate.
6. Preheat oven to 175C.
7. Grease and dust a loaf tin.
8. Pour the thick batter into it and level the top with a spoon.
9. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
10. Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
11. Flip it on to the wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
12. Slice it up and enjoy!!!



Mix dry ingredients.



Mix wet ingredients.



Pour the wet ingredients mixture into the dry ingredients.



Add walnuts and mix.



Pour into a greased and dusted loaf tin.



Cool on wire rack.



Slice it up and serve.



Here are some of the cakes and cookies I tried without butter:
1. Eggless Mango Chocolate Marble Cake
2. Eggless Lemon Cupcakes
3. Eggless Rose Cookies
4. Eggless Dates and Pumpkin Seeds Cake
5. Eggless Chocolate Cake
6. Eggless Choco Beet Cake

Labels: , , , , , ,