Viennese Whirl Biscuits

Have you watched Hairy Biker's on TLC. I like that show very much. The bakes they churn out on their road trips are amazing. When I was searching for a recipe for the alphabet V, I saw this recipe. Though I have watched the show many times, I have never tried their recipes This was the first recipe I tried and I just loved it. This comes under the international theme for Blogging Marathon #32. I have done some cookies and have described them as melt in the mouth, but today I knew the meaning of melt in the mouth cookies. When you close your mouth, you don't have to bite into the cookie. It just melts along with jam and butter cream and I was very much surprised by that. It was absolutely delicious. This recipe is quite easy to make. Again I was procrastinating and postponed the preparation until the final day. Today I finished clicking but I am drafting this post at 11 PM. I need to publish this by 11:59 PM so that I stay true to Blogging Marathon. If you really want to bake some cookies give this a try and I am sure you will love it as much as I did. These are tiny cookies and you can just pop it in your mouth. They are also very delicate.




Recipe Source: Hairy Bikers
Makes 4-5 dozen cookies
Ingredients:
For The Cookies:
Flour/ Maida-250 gm
Corn Flour-50 gm
Icing Sugar-50 gm
Butter-250 gm ( must be very soft)
Vanilla-1/2 tsp

For The Filling:
Mixed Fruit Jam-1/2 cup
Butter-100 gm
Icing Sugar-200 gm
Vanilla Essence-1/2 tsp

Procedure:
For The Cookies:
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a bowl add flour, corn flour, butter, icing sugar and vanilla essence.
3. Using a hand mixer or a whisk beat until creamy.
4. Take a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle. Fill it with the cookie dough.
5. Pipe small stars on to a greased baking tray.
6. Bake for 5-6 minutes or until the base starts browning.
7. remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
8. Remove the cookies gently from the tray and place on a wire rack.
9. Allow them to cool completely.

For The Filling:
1. Whisk together butter, sugar and vanilla essence until creamy and light.
2. Fit a star nozzle in a piping bag and fill it with the butter cream.
3. Beat jam in a bowl until soft and smooth.
4. Apply jam on a cookie base, pipe out a swirl of butter cream on the jam and place another cookie on top so that the filling is sandwiched between two cookies.
5. Arrange all the sandwiched cookies on a serving plate.
6. Dust them with icing sugar.
7. Serve along with a cup of coffee.




Take all the ingredients in a bowl. The butter must be very soft.




Beat together to make a smooth mixture.




Transfer it to a piping bag fitted with star nozzle.




Pipe out stars on a baking tray.




Bake until the base starts browning.




Apply jam on a cookie base.




Pipe out the butter cream on top.




Place another cookie on top.




Arrange on a plate.




Dust with icing sugar and serve.







Logo courtesy : Preeti

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 32

Labels: , , , , , ,