Kordois- Savoury Version

Here is the other version of Kordois I posted yesterday. I made these for ICC this month. Srivalli chose the recipes for two versions of kordois from Sunita's blog. Yesterday I posted the sweet version and today here I am with the savoury version. When I posted the sweet version in Facebook, I received some comments from friends. They gave me the other names of the sweet made in various states of India. In Maharashtra they are called as Champakali, in Bengal they are known as Elo Jhelo and in Andhra they are known as Panasa Thonalu. Now coming back to the savoury recipe, I made some changes to Sunita's recipe. She added onions, carrot and spinach in the savoury recipe, but I added only kasuri methi to make it pliable and shaping more easy. This version was enjoyed by hubby dear and my daughter didn't even want to taste it. It was so tasty. I personally loved the savoury version so much.


Recipe Adapted From Sunita's Blog
Makes 14 Kordois
Ingredients:
Wheat Flour-1 cup
Oil-1 tbs
Kasuri Methi-2 tbs
Salt-to taste
Nigella Seeds-a pinch
Pepper Powder-1/4 tsp
Oil-to Deep Fry

Procedure:
1. Mix together flour, oil, salt, kasuri methi, nigella seeds and pepper powder in a bowl.
2. Add enough water to make a firm dough.
3. Cover and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
4. Now divide the dough into 14 equal portions and shape each into a ball.
5. Roll each ball into a thin disc and cut out vertical lines as shown.
6. Roll it into a tight roll and press the sides.
7. Heat oil in a pan.
8. Deep fry the prepared kordois until golden.
9. Remove from oil and transfer to a plate and allow it to cool completely.
10. Store in airtight jar.
11. Serve along with a cup of coffee.



Mix all the ingredients.



Make a firm dough and keep it covered for 15 minutes.



Divide into 14 equal portions.



Roll each portion into a thin disc.



Cut out vertical slits on the disc.



Roll into a tight roll.



Prepare all the kordois.



Deep fry them in oil.



Transfer to a plate once golden.



Enjoy with a cup of coffee.


Labels: , , , ,