Eggless Mawa Cake

Last month's Daring Bakers Challenge was hosted by Aparna of My Diverse Kitchen. She is one of my favourite bloggers whose blog is a great inspiration for many bloggers like me. She is from Goa and so she chose three special bakes from Goa. One of the recipe was this mawa cake. Though I reside in India, I am not aware of this mawa cake until now. Looking at the ingredient list I became interested as it has all the Indian flavours like mawa and cardamom. Last month 19th was my 10th Wedding Anniversary and I made this cake for celebration. But as the next day became the worst day of my life ( I lost my mom after 4 days), I just kept these photos in draft and completely forgot about posting it on the reveal date. As I was going through my drafts today I saw this cake and then I remembered about posting it. This is the eggless version of the original cake recipe. It was so rich because of the amount of mawa used in the recipe. It was so soft, fluffy and the texture of the cake turned out so nice. I am quite happy about how this cake came out. My daughter loved it. 
For this I made mawa at home. Nothing can beat the flavour of home made mawa. If you are not willing to spend hours in kitchen then go for store bought mawa. For those who doesn't know about making mawa at home please refer to this post of mine on home made mawa.



Recipe Source: Aparna
Ingredients:
Butter- 1/2 cup
Mawa-3/4 cup ( make mawa with 1 lt of milk for this quantity)
Caster Sugar-1 1/4 cup
Curd-3/4 cup
Cardamom Powder-3/4 tsp
All Purpose Flour/ Maida-2 cups
Corn Flour-1/4 cup
Baking Powder-1 tsp
Salt-1/4 tsp
Milk-1 cup
Cashew Nuts-20

Procedure:
1. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add mawa and beat well until creamy.
3. In a bowl mix together flour, corn flour, baking powder, cardamom powder and salt.
4. Add curd to the butter mixture and cream together.
5. Add milk and mix until incorporated.
6. Add the flour mixture and gently fold in until all the flour is incorporated.
7. Preheat oven to 180C.
8. Grease and dust an 8" round pan. 
9. Pour the prepared batter into the pan, decorate it with cashew nuts.
10. Bake in oven for 1 hour. When a tooth pick comes out clean, remove from oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
11. Flip the cake on to a wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
12. Slice it up and enjoy!!




The cake had a wonderful colour.




See how soft it has turned out!!!




Anyone want a slice????

Labels: , , , ,