Paneer Fried Rice

As part of Blogging Marathon photo exercise, I made this Paneer Fried rice. Pavani of Cook's Hide Out, took a snap and posted it in the group page along with the setting of camera she used. The other members were supposed to take a snap with the same settings and details. Though my snap didn't resemble the snap by Pavani, but still it came out nice. This is the basic fried rice recipe I always make but the addition of paneer cubes gave it an interesting twist. My daughter as well as PK love the tiny paneer cubes I add to my dishes. So I was sure that this fried rice will also be a hit. And yes they both loved it. I served it with tomato ketchup and the dinner was quite satisfying.


Ingredients:
Cooked Basmati-2 cups
Onion-1/2 cup
Carrot thinly sliced-1/2 cup
Beans thinly sliced-1/4 cup
Capsicum-1/4 cup
Green Chilly-2
Paneer Cubed-1 cup
Soy Sauce-1 tsp
Green Chilly Sauce-1 tsp
Vinegar-1 tsp
Salt-to taste
Oil-1 tbs+1 tbs
Coriander leaves-1 tbs

Procedure:
1. Heat 1 tbs oil and add onion. Saute until golden.
2. Add carrots, beans and capsicum.
3. Saute on medium flame until half cooked.
4. In a non stick pan add 1 tbs of oil.
5. Add the cubed paneer and let the sides brown evenly.
6. Remove from flame and keep it aside.
7. Add salt, chilly sauce, vinegar and soy sauce to the vegetables and cook for a minute.
8. Add the paneer cubes and mix.
9. Add the cooked basmati, give a nice mix.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately with tomato ketchup.


Labels: , , ,