Corn Papdi Chaat

For the third day of Blogging Marathon #31, week 3, this is my final post under Kid's Delight theme. Home made papdis are very easy to make and they make a great base for chaats. You can make a simple salad, top it on a papdi and your kid will love it. If you add some chutneys and sweet curd, then you get the dahi papdi chaat. I love these types of chaats. And to make my daughter relish this I added her most favourite ingredient to the salad- sweet corn. She loved it very much. I made the salad before I went to pick her up from the bus stop and as soon as she came home and got refreshed, I served her this colourful platter and she was so happy. I am linking this to Kid's Delight  - After School Bites hosted by Nisha and started by Srivalli.  For the recipe and step wise pictures of home made papdi click the link. 




Ingredients:
Home Made Papdi-20-30
Sweet Corn-1 
Onion-1
Tomato-3-4
Pepper Powder-to taste
Salt-to taste
Cumin Powder-1/4 tsp
Chaat Masala Powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves-1/3 cup

Procedure:
1. Remove the husk of corn and break it into two pieces.
2. Pressure cook for 4 minutes.
3. Drain water and let it cool.
4. Remove the kernels from the cob.
5. In a bowl add the cooked kernels, chopped onions, cubed tomatoes (remove seeds), salt, pepper powder, cumin powder and chaat masala powder.
6. Add finely chopped coriander leaves and give a nice mix.
7. Scoop out small portions of this mixture, place on papdis and serve immediately.




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#31

Labels: , , ,