Eggless Jam Swirled Muffins-Baking Eggless Challenge for June

For this month's Baking Eggless Group challenge, Priya Suresh of Priya's Versatile Recipes suggested a delicious muffins recipe from Technicolor Kitchen. These muffins with jam swirled into them were so delicious and my daughter loved it so much. I gave her two and sent the remaining muffins to hubby's office. When she returned from school she was very much disappointed that the muffins were gone. I have promised her to make some again. I used wheat flour along with all purpose flour for a healthier version. And also I used store bought jam as I was out of stock of my daughter's favourite Apple Jam. And as usual, I used yogurt and milk as the egg substitutes which worked really well in the recipe. 



Recipe Source: Technicolor Kitchen

Makes 18 regular muffins
Ingredients:
Wheat Flour-1 cup
All Purpose Flour-1 cup
Baking Powder-2 tsp
Baking Soda-1/4 tsp
Yogurt/ Curd-1 cup
Caster Sugar-2/3 cup
Milk-1 cup
Vanilla-2 sp
Butter-1/2 cup (melted)
Jam-1/2 cup
Vinegar-1 tsp

Procedure:

1. In a bowl add flours, baking powder,baking soda and sugar.
2. Melt butter and let it cool to room temperature.
3. Add curd, milk and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
4. Add the flour mixture and fold in to incorporate. Do not over beat the batter, otherwise the muffins will become hard.
5. Mix jam and vinegar to loosen the jam.
6. Add it to the batter and swirl it into the batter. 
7. You should be able to see the lines of jam in the batter.
8. Grease a muffin tray and scoop out the batter into the muffin moulds.
9. Preheat oven to 180C.
10. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
11. Serve it warm and enjoy..

I had all the step wise pictures for this post but unfortunately my system crashed and all the photos are gone. If I am lucky I may get back the snaps. If I get them then I will update my post with all the photos. This one photo was saved as I had uploaded it to my FB.

And here are the step wise pictures as promised as I was able to retrieve the snaps..


Mix jam and vinegar to loosen it up.



Melt butter and add curd, milk and vanilla.



Prepare the flour.



Add the liquid ingredients.



Once incorporated add the jam.



Just swirl it into the batter.



Pour batter in muffin tray.



I also baked some in foil cups.

Labels: , , , ,