Eggless Spritz Sandwich Cookies

Making cookies for sandwich theme was in my mind for long but due to other distractions I postponed it to the last day of Blogging Marathon #26 Week2. I adapted a recipe from Good House Keeping magazine and used nutella for the sandwiching. As cookies came out of oven and my daughter was so restless. When they started cooling down, she started gobling one after other even before I started sandwiching the cookies with nutella. Nutella has been my daughter's favourite spread since I introduced it to her two years back. She was very happy when I told her that I will be using nutella in the cookies. She helped me with photographing and when I finished it, she couldn't wait to taste. Store the cookies in air tight box. This also makes a great party snack as usually nutella is children's favourite. The original recipe used butter but I used vanaspathi instead and also used the egg replacer instead of egg. If you are planning to do an eggless version and don't have egg replacer then add 1/2 tsp extra baking powder to the flour and omit the egg replacer.


Ingredients:
All Purpose Flour-2 1/4 cups
Baking Powder-1/2 tsp
Salt-1/2 tsp
Vanaspathi/ Shortening-1 cup
Sugar-1/2 cup
Egg replacer-1 1/2 tsp
Cream-1/4 cup
Vanilla Essence-1 tsp
Almond Essence-1 tsp
Nutella

Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Cream together vanaspathi, sugar, cream, vanilla essence and almond essence.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, egg replacer and salt in another bowl.
4. Add this flour mixture to the creamed sugar vanaspathi mixture and beat until combined.
5. Make small marble sized balls out of the dough.
6. Place on a lined baking tray.
7. Using a fork press the ball to make a thick cookie.
8. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 5-6 minutes. The time may vary with oven type. Remove when the bottom of the cookie turns brown.
9. Cool on wire rack.
10. Apply nutella to one cookie and place another on top.
11. Store in airtight jar. 



Cream vanaspathi, sugar, cream and essences.



Add flour mixture and mix well.



Make small marble sized balls.



Place on a lined baking tray. Press with a fork.



Bake and cool on wire rack.



Spread nutella on one cookie and place the other cookie on top.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#26

Labels: , , , , ,