Cooked Rice-2-3 cups
Curry leaves-1 cup
Hing/ Asafoetida-1/4 tsp
Black Pepper-1 tbs (adjust according to your taste)
Sesame Oil-1 tbs
Mustard and Urad Dhal-1 tsp
1. In a pan dry roast curry leaves until crisp. Transfer to a mixer jar.
2. In the same pan roast pepper, hing and salt and add it to the curry leaves.
3. Grind to a fine powder.
4. Take rice in a bowl.
5. Heat oil and add mustard and urad dhal.
6. When they crackle, add it to the rice and mix well.
7. Add the prepared powder to rice, mix gently with out breaking the grains.
8. Serve with papad or appalam.